Wednesday, May 9, 2012

FORGIVENESS


FORGIVENESS
Ester M. Korszyk

Next to love, forgiveness is the greatest message of the Bible.  Jesus showed this great action on the cross, when He said: “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”   My friend, don’t we still do things not knowing we hurt someone else at the moment?  For that matter, we misbehave against our brother-sister and waste our time with anger against another person, instead of repairing our wrong doing, so we can go on in life, and really advance forward.    This is what makes our world go round.  But we humans can get stuck about this very issue, because of our cluttered hearts, which doesn’t let us move forward with clear minds and hearts in our relationships.  The precious Holy Spirit of God, who is the third person of the Trinity, is there at any moment for us to listen to, because He is ever so ready to convict our hearts, not to get us stuck, by any means, but to move forward and repair or renew the relationship.  You see, God is relational, and always ready to help us to be forgiving ourselves as well as others.  As we do this, we free ourselves, and at the same time others.  It is also freeing of self from the past; also you can face the future in a wise manner. 

     Remember the Lord’s Prayer? “Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.”  It is our answer as to however many times we need to forgive others.  “Jesus answered, I tell you not seven times but seventy times seven.”  It’s a form of letting go, and releasing an action or situation we’ve gone through with another person.  That can bring healing and restoration.

     In my own life I have experienced forgiveness, of course in many ways, but this one example is worthy of mention.  As my parents were separated, my mother, my brother and I had to move to the back of my mother’s business to live, which was a baby clothes shop, which was made by her own hands.  I remember out of one room, she made it a bedroom, a kitchen, and there was the little bathroom (the laboratory and the stall).  Those were difficult times for us three then.

      Our little family of three moved to the U.S.  I have grown up with insecurity, and at the same time wanting to forgive my father.  Later years after I’ve gotten married, my husband and I traveled to my country and the appropriate time came  right after church as to letting  my father know “Christ in me loves you, father”.  If that isn’t forgiveness, then I don’t know what it is.   That had to come from God alone only, and the result, was having a good closure, which was the last time I saw him.  The beauty of all this is having a positive closure with the other person in this issue of forgiveness.  Now I pray for you my friend to really make it a point to go to the other person and admit your wrong doing and just straighten it out; and that’s it.  It only takes a little moment of recognition.  The answer to having closure is found in Matthew 5:  23-25.  There is no excuse for everyone, of us not to forgive, because time is running out, and Jesus is coming soon for His precious children, whom He loves so dearly.  So let’s represent Jesus Christ, as He forgave each and every one of us, so we are to do the same, Oh, what an example He gave.  You can become free right now to forgive and in turn, be forgiven.


No comments:

Post a Comment